Bikram yoga teaches students a lot about themselves mentally in the midst of working the body physically. One of the primary tenets of Bikram yoga is discipline. Teachers work to maintain a strong practice environment, and students are expected to contribute to that by adhering to the following guidelines:
- Stay in the room. Do your best to never leave the room during class. If an emergency requires it, please leave and re-enter in between postures.
- Practice stillness between postures.
- Honor the silent practice by moving quietly during the poses, as well as in between poses.
- Drink water at designated water breaks. If you require additional water, take it between postures.
- Focus on only yourself in the front mirror.
- Hand towels and yoga props (blocks, straps) are not necessary to assist in postures in Bikram yoga.
- Do not bring personal items into the practice room, other than a yoga mat, towel and water bottle. The doors to the studio are locked and your possessions are safe in the locker room.
- Wash off any strongly scented perfumes or lotions prior to class.
New Students: Please try to arrive at the studio about 20 minutes before class time for registration and orientation.